Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sista Cousins



These are my girls. They are my family. They are my sista cousins. Sista cousins was birthed when I moved from Chicago back to California. My aunt and uncle graciously took me and my 2 year old daughter into their home to love, to live, and to grow. I don't even think we had a verbal timeframe for this to take place, it was just an open invitation. This invitation included living with my two cousins Antracia and Bobbi. As I settled into this pivital point in my life, my cousins became more like sisters than cousins. Calling them my cousins just didn't do justice to who they were in my life; and as not to infringe on the sisterhood that they held together......they became my sista-cousins. They shared everything with me......and just like sisters they fussed when it wasn't returned quite right :). During this time I spent a lot of time with my cousin Tiffany, who really helped me in regards to being a single parent. She paved some paths that I may not have walked had her footprints not been there.

I appreciate these girls for allowing me to be me ( watching Portrait videos, eating the last PopTart). I was never a guest...I was their sista-cousin. We've been through stealing the family car, fainting, enduring my daughter while on a Benadryl high, and much more.

One very special day was the day they accepted my request to be my wedding party. No request was too much, and they helped make a special day a spectacular day.

This is a shout out to my sista- cousins.....Thanks for being all that I could hope for in a sister and more than I could ever ask of a cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment