Monday, February 2, 2009

I can't do it all....but I can complete one thing at a time!

I have started an Empowerment / Accountability / Mentoring meeting this year. I had a lot of things from the last few years that I have not addressed that have gotten out of control. I need to take command of my life. I have a list of affirmations, from my list of life's pursuits, that encourage and affirm that I can do all the things that I desire to do. This list is quite long; and on the heels of my 2nd meeting for the year I found that I had not done many of the affirmations on a consistent basis. I was almost of the verge of doubting that I could do it at all when a voice popped into my head that "I don't have to do it all at once.....I can take and complete one item at a time.....just so that they all get completed."


So I am rejoicing in the small successes on today. The success of attending my second meeting, the success of verbally saying some things that have laid hidden in my heart. I am learning to start this process with baby steps, but it works because I have done more in these two month than I did all last year.


I believe that when you are pouring out ( Girl's Groups, raising children, caretaking of a loved one) you also need to be poured into. That is what this group is doing for me. I hope that everyone can tap into somethings that uplifts, empowers, holds accountable, and mentors them.

1 comment:

  1. I like the thought of completing one thing at a time! I need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete