Thursday, April 2, 2009

All I have....Part 1

Anyone who knows me, undoubtedly knows that my favorite artist is CeCe Winans. Beauty, radiance,and let's not even get into her vocals.....those are just a few of the reasons I like CeCe, but the main reason is Jesus Christ. She exudes Christ and I dig that. I desire to exude Christ as well. This post isn't about CeCe, but one of my favorite songs by her "In Return". The lyrics state: "All I had to give was a broken heart, torn apart....All I had to give was an empty hope and promises". Well when I came to Christ I don't know if I even had that. I was broken, I was used, and I was hopeless. I knew God had more for me but I didn't quite know how to fully surrender to him so that I could live the way He had intended for me to live and be who He had intended for me to be.

My life was a raging storm, but as I surrendered to Jesus and allowed Him to be my Lord, He calmed the sea within me. True life and love were revealed to me through His word and others. I traded in my sorrow, my deceit, and my sin.....and in return......the Lord gave me joy and hope, He healed my brokenness and turned my mourning into dancing. Sometimes I wonder how He could take nothing, and that was all I had to give, and make Godz Girl. But He did it for me and I know that He can do it for you.......so what do you have to give?

2 comments:

  1. That's good, Boo!! Ditto for me! I feel the same way...thank you, Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song. Isn't He so amazing?

    ReplyDelete